1) Click on + button in the “Accounts” tab and fill in your email credentials. This screen adds the email accounts to be backed up.
2) IMPORTANT Set the Frequency of your backup in the “Settings” tab.
* Limit Snapshots: You can limit the number of snapshots using the limit snapshots checkbox. This will help you save disk space by discarding old snapshots.
Horcrux makes incremental snapshots. It usually saves versions pretty efficiently. It is recommended not to limit snapshots.
* Show Notifications: A desktop notification is sent out after every backup is completed.
* Launch at Login: If this is enabled, Horcrux is automatically launched when the computer starts up. Horcrux will be running even if the computer is restarted etc.
Alternative Backup Location: Horcrux by default stores the files in the main hard drive location, you can set the backup location to a location of your choice like an external hard drive or NAS.
3) That’s it. It should regularly backup your emails.
4) You can check the progress or get back to Preferences using the menu bar element.
5) You can Enable or Disable account using the Enable Checkboxes.
Only the enabled accounts will take part in the backup process. The old backups will still exist if disabled.